Ads Header

Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

IN Gov. Mitch Daniels: I'm Not Running

Yet another major GOP politician has seen the writing on the 2012 wall.
Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels said early Sunday that he won't run for president because of family considerations, narrowing the field in the race for the GOP nomination. "In the end, I was able to resolve every competing consideration but one," the Republican said, disclosing his decision in an e-mail to supporters. "The interests and wishes of my family, is the most important consideration of all. If I have disappointed you, I will always be sorry."
Major figures on the religious right had opposed Daniels' prospective candidacy because in 1994 his wife divorced him, briefly married another man, then returned to re-marry Daniels in 1997. And that, apparently, made him unacceptable.

0 comments:

Post a Comment